Fire Suppression Systems for Your Office
An increasing number of office buildings in Maryland, DC, and Virginia are upgrading to clean agent suppression systems to fight fires. Because of the many computers and electronics found in office environments, clean agent suppression is often a superior fire extinguishing option. This way, you don’t have to trade fire damage for water damage.
For fire suppression services for your MD, VA or DC office, contact us now!
What Is Clean Agent Fire Suppression?
Clean agents are electrically non-conductive gaseous substances used to extinguish fires. They put out flames by inhibiting the combustion process that requires heat, oxygen, and a fuel source. Clean agents are most effective when combined with an early fire detection system. This allows the agents to control a fire in its initial stage before it has a chance to spread.
Types of Clean Agent Systems
Guardian Fire Protection installs and services the following clean agent systems in DC-area office buildings:
- FM-200: This is one of the most popular clean agents because it’s non-ozone depleting and safe to use in occupied spaces. FM-200 is effective for fighting Class A, B, and C fires.
- CO2: A carbon dioxide system uses a high concentration of CO2 gas to replace the oxygen in a room and smother a growing fire. It’s highly effective, but not appropriate in places where people are present.
- Halon 1301: The manufacture of new Halon 1301 has been banned since 1994 for environmental reasons, but if you have an existing Halon system, the law allows you to continue operating it. Guardian Fire Protection can service your equipment as needed.
- INERGEN: This clean agent uses a combination of argon, nitrogen, and carbon dioxide gases to fight fires in an environmentally friendly way.
Benefits of Clean Agent Suppression Systems in Office Buildings
Offices that use clean agent suppression enjoy the following advantages:
- Fast response time: Clean agents smother fires quickly, often suppressing the flames in 10 seconds or less.
- Limited property damage: With no water required and no particle residue left behind, a clean agent suppression system is perfect for protecting your office from fire without risking damage to your equipment.
- Less downtime: The time between when a fire ignites and when you can return to business as usual is brief with a clean agent suppression system. Little to no cleanup is required, and your electronics should be unaffected by the clean agents.
Our Clean Agent Suppression System Services
When your fire suppression system requires service, turn to Guardian Fire Protection. We offer the following:
- Clean agent suppression system installation: Interested in upgrading to a clean agent system in your DC-area office building? We can carefully design and install a solution that will work for you.
- Clean agent suppression system maintenance: You can’t ignore your suppression system if you want it to stay up and running. We can perform all the maintenance you need, including inspections and tests required by national and local fire codes.
- Clean agent suppression system repair: When something goes wrong with your fire suppression system, you need a reliable company to fix it quickly and efficiently. We offer 24-hour emergency repairs when you need them most.
- Clean agent suppression system recharge: If your system discharges in response to a fire, you need to recharge the equipment without delay. Speedy services from Guardian Fire Protection ensure you aren’t left defenseless if another blaze breaks out.
Schedule Office Fire Protection Services in MD, VA & DC
If your office needs a new clean agent suppression system installed, or is due for annual maintenance, Guardian Fire Protection is at the ready to assist you. Whatever questions you may have about the operation and maintenance of your clean agent system can be answered by our experienced technicians. It is important to us that you understand how the system works and that you feel protected in the event of a fire.
Contact us now to schedule your office fire protection services in the DMV area!
Category: Fire Suppression Systems